Cocaine addiction can be extremely difficult to deal with. Cocaine takes over and causes a person to feel overwhelmed with stress. When individuals are in over their heads with addiction, it is imperative they seek help from the professionals. With the information in this article, individuals will know what they can expect from the process of getting help with their addiction so they will be fully prepared.
Signs of Cocaine Addiction
It is imperative individuals understand the signs they should look for when a loved one is addicted to cocaine. Although addicts are often crafty in their approaches to hiding their addiction, they cannot hide it forever. The following are some of the signs cocaine addicts will exhibit.
- A person may express a wide range of emotions and moodiness. Although behavior changes alone should not alert someone of an addiction, this can be a major sign, especially when coupled with other signs.
- When someone is coming off of a cocaine high, they will often drink alcohol and try to sleep it off. They will begin to avoid any social situations that might make them feel even more uncomfortable as they are experiencing the down.
- Cocaine is an expensive habit and it can cause financial problems for addicts. If someone suddenly begins having financial issues and cannot account for the money they are spending, they could be buying drugs.
- When someone consistently abuses cocaine, they will often experience nosebleeds and a loss of smell. Cocaine damages the lining of the nose and can also cause nerve damage.
- The more a person abuses cocaine, the less they will care about themselves. Individuals who are using will often neglect their personal hygiene and their responsibilities.
- Cocaine addiction can lead to paranoia, depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts. These especially occur as a person